Re: [microsound] context

i just finished a composition course and conversations
with lachenmann and when i showed him my music set up
he said "if you invent your own system then you cant
make any mistakes". but it is a tricky thing. partch
took it to making his own orchestras. but we inherit
tools and materials that are preconditioned by
history. so innovation for innovation's sake is like
art for art's sake. what is neccessary then is an acid
against the concept of art itself. and to clear a
space in which it can be comprehended. it takes a
life-time...

j.ff gbk

http://www.futurevessel.com/orphansound/

http://www.mattin.org/desetxea.html