Re: [microsound] elucidate

On Sep 14, 2006, at 3:23 PM, Bill Jarboe wrote:

>   I think of when multi-track recorders were first available and
> musicians were reluctant to use them for fear of being accused of
> doing the Les Paul thing.

interesting. i have never, ever heard of any musicians of that era
doing anything
but lining up to do work on the new machines. of course there were
some who
were reluctant to change their work methodology, but most producers
embraced
the new technologies with vigor. same thing with the electric guitar
- no one was
put off by it being les' idea, guitarists bought them in droves and
still are.
(and no fender vs paul rants here, just replace the names if you
disagree.) ;-)
cheers
bruce

bruce tovsky
www.skeletonhome.com

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
Philip K. Dick