Re: [microsound] Serious Artist?

Am 14.9.2006 15:00 Uhr schrieb "peter lasell" unter <p_lasell@xxxxxxxxx>:

> "Serious Artist" tends to mean that others take the artists work seriously.

i disagree, as i don't think this has anything to do about the other peoples
opinion... if nobody likes my "art" i still can be very serious about it.
being serious, determined and sincere about one's own work is very personnel
and doesn't have anything to do with anybodys opinion. of course if
everybody likes my "art" then i'm a successfull artist, but that doesn't
necessarily make me more serious...

> The term doesn't necessarily describe the quality of an artists work. I don't
> think money has to figure into the definition of the term.

with this i very much agree :)

> Peter
> www.peterlasell.net

by the way, i don't want to sound ridicilous again (cheers to graham), but
me personnel thinks that the term "serious artist" is totally useless and
(you've guessed it) NOT RELEVANT :)

have a nice day,
ralph.

--