Re: [microsound] OT: those programs spammers use to generate random

I'm surprised that mail got through the spam filter!

~Kyle

On 10/10/06, Chandrasekhar Ramakrishnan <cramakrishnan@xxxxxxx> wrote:
"Kyle Klipowicz" wrote:
> I even collected some of my favorites...this was a few years back when
> I was getting really into cut-up poetry.  Perhaps there is a website
> that collects the most surreal examples?

I collect this stuff too. It seems to come in waves: sometimes the
text portion of spams is just made up of random words, but sometimes
it has that cut-ups feel.

Here are some of favorites from the most recent round of interesting
spam.

  Challenge free contests! I cant won. win...

  All signing captains John Terry hated said: Macedonia Gunners action
  wins arsenal.

  TONY GALE begged Hams owner: ditch Goran Eriksson.

  Ferrari: Schu Robs Robbo threat ROB ANDREW.

  Gwen Stefani Makes Ten Inch Dolls Herself

  Weekly Paris on Paris on Watch Bronx Historys Now

  Victoria Beckham says: Ben Affleck Sure Does Hate Peters.

And, of a slightly different flavor:

  The picture-makers would have remained forever painting the portrait
  of nobody.  We may call Buddhism a faith; though to us it seems more
  like a doubt. That is what we mean when we say that Asia is very
  old. It does not really much matter what one does. The Faith is
  always converting the age, not as an old religion but as a new
  religion. It is, if possible, even more morbid than pessimism. And it
  is in the mind wherever the mind has worked for a long time alone. For
  instance, all real scholars who have studied the Greek and
  Roman culture say one thing about it: it is old.

  If dogma is incredible, it is because it is incredibly liberal.
  Monotheists have grown weary of the most wonderful of truths.
  Perhaps it is, in any case, too much of a temptation to pride or
  hypocrisy to call it heathenry. It is not prejudice but practical
  experience which says that Asia is full of demons as well as gods. It
  is not crucial enough, in the literal sense, that it has not had enough
  of the cross. The barren dogma is only the logical way of stating the
  beautiful sentiment. In that sense the Moslems in Asia are merely
  like the Nestorians in Asia. Any one who will think of the theory of
  stories or pictures will easily see the point. So might rise from their
  graves the great heresiarchs to confound their comrades of today. It
  came into the world with the story of Christ. In other words it is a
  vision, and a vision received by faith; but it is a vision of reality.

(
This seems to be a scrambled version of this text:
  http://www.worldinvisible.com/library/chesterton/everlasting/part2c5.htm
which is pretty entertaining in itself.
)

- sekhar