Re: [microsound] boris + sunn o))) collaboration

my problem with beatport is that the preview quality is atrocious. you can't tell if the production of the actual recording is any good and that deters me from buying any digital downloads. i think this is especially shortsighted when you consider that in the idiom of electronic dance music the production IS the music.

i'm really hooked on bleep.com. the preview system they have there is perfect. you see the entire track as a waveform and can shuttle instantly anywhere in the track, with really decent preview audio quality that plays for about 20 seconds before fading to silence.

it's also a beautiful website done by the geniuses at kleber.net.

g.

Anyway I buy the releases I like, in part because I do want to support artists. But note that beyond that, a digital download from beatport is normally of higher quality, especially since I usually buy WAV rather than mp3 for instance. So all ethics aside, there is, in fact, good incentive for a discriminating consumer to buy legal digital copies of files.

~David