Re: [microsound] Network Attached Storage

I'd avoid the terrastation. Not expandable, and shoddy support.

Look at the Infrant ReadyNAS NV. They are a company that is adding features all the time, SATA drive support, expandable RAID, and soon to be breaking the 2 Terrabyte limit. So, you can have 4 750gig drives (or bigger in the future) in the machine.

Great Mac and PC support as well. I have a 1 Terrabyte one (RAID 5ed, its around 650+ gigabytes). Great unit.

Kyle Klipowicz wrote:
Hi everyone~

I'm looking for some advice and opinions regarding Network Attached
Storage. I've already filled two external hard drives with various
audio/visual materials of mine, and am needing to grow. So far I've looked
at a few options and the best price I can find is a Buffalo Technology
2.0TB TerraStation for about $1000 US.

My question really is, how many of you rely upon such a device to back up
your data, and how do you go about shopping for one?

Thanks for any help, and have a happy holiday season.

~Kyle