Re: [microsound] new lister

On 12/15/06, michael gardner <apex.node@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
i dont know how one goes about actually creating the project in microsound,
but an idea that i had toyed w/ a while back was based upon the 12 signs of
the zodiac and the 12 steps to an octave.  if you look at the circle of
fifths it coincidentally looks like a zodiacal chart.  there being 360
degrees in a natal chart, one could translate one's chart into a selected
octave's frequencies.  or you could simply say that everyone has a cosmic
chord - being that their sun sign, moon sign, and rising sign could be
configured based upon the corresponding notes in the circle of fifths.

Oh, something I forgot to mention:

This reminds me a lot of the famous Coltrane diagram of the cycle of
fifths, which in its appearance has some obvious mystical/esoteric
significance.

I can't find the image online, but I know I found it in the past. I do
know, that originally Coltrane drew the image for Yussef Lateef, on
1960 on his birthday. It might be in Lateef's book... Still searching
for the online link.

~David