Re: [microsound] miles of styles of philosophes

David Powers wrote:

Beauty is, I believe, a cultural or personal value.

I was talking about whether art is universal with my other friend the other day. There's an exhibition of Egyptian relics currently on in the museum, and she was using it as proof of the existence of universal art: it had been made for the purpose of being beautiful, and beautiful was how she found it, despite knowing almost nothing about Egyptian culture or what the Egyptian way of life would have been.

--
Damian Stewart
+64 27 305 4107

f r e y