Re: [microsound] miles of styles of philosophes

--- Damian Stewart <damian@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Does this mean there is no such thing as universal art?
>
> ... Is the experience of beauty an emotion? I believe it is, but I
> was
> having an interesting discussion with my flatmate the other morning
> where she was saying that she didn't think that it was.

I beleive there might be universal art.. at least amongst us humans on
earth but these also revolve around lowest common denominators. But
breasts for example may only have acheived that status because of them
being stuck in our faces during infancy.

Desire is an emotion which seems to me to be the foundation of ideals
formed from such common denominators.

-Adrian