Re: [microsound] iConsume

"Good marketing/advertising" is designed for one thing only and that is you to give the company your cash. They are not concerned with anything else. As an artform it is manipulative and uses psycholgical techniques designed to make one believe their life will be better as a result of buying into the product/lifestyle, sounds like a shit form of art to me, be as well saying that the way governments manipulate the populase can be an artform..'spose one could say that, not my asthetic tho...

----- Original Message ----- From: "Frank Barknecht" <fbar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <microsound@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, January 22, 2007 9:36 AM
Subject: Re: [microsound] iConsume

Hallo,
Graham Miller hat gesagt: // Graham Miller wrote:

i just can't believe anyone of intelligence can't see marketing as an
art form unto itself.  it's not evil.  it's only bad when it's done
poorly.  i love good advertising. apple computers has good
advertising.  they understand aesthetics. fonts. graphic design.
there is certainly not enough of it. i say more. not less.

Aesthetics, fonts and graphic design are not marketing. Marketing uses
these things among other things to sell products, but that doesn't
make good or bad design equal to good or bad marketing.

Ciao