Re: [microsound] The Lion Roars

 I went to a lecture last year that dealt with the resonances of stars etc. Very interesting, you can find notes at http://astro.phys.au.dk/~jcd/HELAS/material.html The music that went with the lecture was a bit uninspired, but the raw waveforms were quite spectacular. I think the lecture notes have some treated waveforms in too, which sound a bit Bebe Barron to be "real" ;)

 -----Original Message-----
 From: warbaby@xxxxxxxxxxx
 To: microsound@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Sent: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 6.23PM
 Subject: [microsound] The Lion Roars

  The Lion Roars: Sounds of the Magnetosphere
 http://science.nasa.gov/ssl/pad/sppb/edu/lionroar/

 Website: http://www.warbaby.com
 (Currently undergoing an overhaul. Some pages and links may not work yet.)
 Blog: http://raggedwings.blogspot.com/
 Nifty Stuff: http://www.cafepress.com/warbaby
 --

 "Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."

 - Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi