[Microsound-announce] BiP_HOp Generation v.8 is Qwartz-awarded best compilation in 2006

Dear Readers,
Back in December I was announcing that BiP_HOp had been nominated by Qwartz Awards In Electronic Music in the categories "Best compilation" (BiP_HOp Generation 8) & "Best song" (Same Actor)
I was asking you to support and vote for us

Over the WE took place the Qwartz ceremony and to my great surprise BiP_HOp Generation v.8 has been Qwartz-awarded best compilation in 2006
According to the organisers we won because their jury loved the record but most of everything because a large amount of people click-voted for us, so allow me to THANK those of you who did

Staubgold was Qwartz-awarded best label in 2006 which pleased me as I consider it to be an amazing brand
Synch (Greece) + Nuits Sonores (Lyon) got Qwartz-awarded best festivals in 2006, and again that is a much deserved distinction

On Thursday I shared stage with Leafcutter John, Marsen Juhls... Also played over the WE Si-cut.db, Markus Detmer from Staubgold, FM3... and several others...
So as you could imagine that was a pleasant WE in Paris
Hav a nice week
philippe

www.bip-hop.com

PS: for those who might have forgotten...

BiP_HOp Generation v. 8 [bleep 32]
79 minutes which illustrate perfectly the contemporary alliance of acoustic instruments and digital technologies in music
MURCOF works primarily with orchestral samples, processing the sound sources into new textures and fusing them with microscopic sounds and rhythms. His music is published on Leaf records.
TENNIS is the occasional project of Ben Edwards (Benge) and Douglas Benford (si-cut.db). Their music is an amalgam of miniature rhythmic sounds and digitized processing.
MITCHELL AKIYAMA is a Montreal based composer, interested in unconventional ways  of playing conventional instruments. He has recorded for Sub Rosa, Raster- Noton, Substractif, Staalplaat, and several others...
MINAMO is an electro-acoustic quartet from Tokyo, they have released music for 12K, Apestaartje, Cubic...
TU M' is a duo from central Italy, who chose their name from Marcel Duchamp's last painting. They have released records on labels such as Dekorder, Phthalo, ERS/Staalplaat, Fallt...
STRINGS OF CONSCIOUSNESS work on musical motifs that can evoke at times a stormy, cinematic, or contemporary atmosphere.