Re: [microsound] Call for Work: Queer Experimental Sound

On 5/8/07 6:42 PM, "Xdugef" <info@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I think the use of the word queer is the community owning it .. if you
> know what I mean.. I won't make comparisions to rappers... you dig.
>
> Ask your gay friends to explain it to you. ;-)
>
> AD

The Coup: I Ain't the Nigga lyrics

(Big Bird)
Now I shall tell a story that's filled with words
that start with the letter N
(DJ Pam cuts up "Fly lyrics from the bank of reality" --> Flavor Flav)
[Boots]
Step into the world of a nigger, figure
to stay a little while so pack your bag up bigger
First of all just let me introduce you seduce you
into a frame of mind that's easy to get used to
Nigger hasn't always meant a man with melanin
It used to be a piece of wood that sat on the cotton gin
Masta put it there and it wouldn't move, smooth
So what does it mean, to be a Nigger With an Attitude?
You tell me that a nigger's crazy or lazy
Not about the skin so, don't let it faze me
Well you amaze me, with that ignorant bizull-shizzit
Get a grip on the new fit
Cause that's a lame frame of brain for the nineties
I know the game so it don't sting, my mind sees
So what the fuck you wanna race for the trigger
I ain't the one, I ain't the nigga
"If I'm a slave, I'm a slave to the rhythm" --> Big Daddy Kane
"You know that I ain't the nigga" --> Ice Cube
(repeat 4X)
(DJ Pam cuts up "Niggers, love everything but themselves" --> Last Poets)
[E-Roc]
Nigger is a word we use today, you say
It don't mean the same if you spell it with an A
But that's an argument that makes me itch, I twitch
If I took the T out will I still mean bitch?
My name is E-Roc, and I ain't the nigger main
Save your sellout strut shit for Soul Train
Cause I've been known, to knock a motherfucker out
Without a doubt, The Coup gives me much clout
But there's a factor when I know that my skin is brown
And never ever will I put another brother down (gawwwd damn)
So I make the mental rule to massacre the word
Cause when I hear it, it gets, me straight stirred
It's mental trash so I'm pickin up the litter
I ain't the one and I ain't, the nigger
My people use this word each and every day
You see a nigger, slap a nigger, that's what I say
"If I'm a slave, I'm a slave to the rhythm" --> Big Daddy Kane
"You know that I ain't the nigga" --> Ice Cube
(repeat 4X)
(DJ Pam cuts up "Niggers, love everything but themselves" --> Last Poets)
"Boy I love playing the drums, I can do the grooviest rhythms
I can do rhythms like.."
[Boots]
My attitude is this (what?) don't call yourself a niggerole (why?)
Unless you're just an oakie-doke it'll make you sicker though
Cause it's all about a mind-time mind-frame
The system is a chess game with, pawns all the same (haa haa)
Until we change our mind to ?
Identify yourself, it's a part of being concious (yeah)
If I call myself a gangster then I'll rob you with a gat (yeah)
If I call myself a brother then you know I got your back (yeah)
If I call myself oppressed then I'm clear on where I'm at
But if I call myself a nigger what the fuck is that? (yeah, you know)
Don't be the coolie or the moolie or a boob with the jigger
Don't be the one... don't be the nigga