Re: [microsound] recovery of sound files on pc, emergency assist needed in lyon, france

Maybe you should try to boot from a Linux live-cd and check if you can make a back-up of your datas from it...

jeff gburek a écrit :
dear microsounders, i have already told myself i told
you so, so i am hoping someone here can give me
practical information about this issue: my pc laptop
running xp crashed for lack of win 32 config file and
i left the original programs boot disc in berlin. is
anyone in lyon able to help me reboot and does anyone
know if i have already lost 4 years of work? if so i
have the opportunity finally to go linux whole hog.
but i have performances which involve the sound files,
in lyon you will start seeing the posters for the perf
at espace 44 by today. i need to try to get some of
these files back.   the onboard cd rom drive is
broken; i need to port the config file from somewhere.
m'aidez, sils vous plait
amicalment, jeff gburek

j.ff gbk

http://www.futurevessel.com/orphansound