Re: [microsound] microtonal synths

This is for me one of the main limits of Reason, you cannot use personal harmonic scales, because it is assuming you are an occidental musician and you are going to work with a good auld tempered scale, even if using some exotic Refill. One thing you could try is export a microtonal midi file from max to see how it is understood by Reason; it is unlikely to work, but who knows, maybe the interface is not set for it, but still the program can read it correctly?

cyrill

Samuel van ransbeeck a écrit :
Is it possible to create microtonal music (until
fourths of a note, I mean 1 maior second divided in 4)
using reason? I want to create a tape part for a piece
for percussion but i don't know how to work with
Csound and other command line based programs. The only
ones I know how to use properly are reason and maxmsp.
I would prefer Reason because it's easier but if not
then i will look to other programs. Anyone has suggestions?