RE: [microsound] why does iTunes suck...

They've pushed the bloat out a bit alright haven't they. The iTunes sharing
function is worthy of a mention though. Allows me to keep all my music
files on the tower upstairs and then stream them wirelessly to the notebook
downstairs, for when Saturday comes (one eye on the football ; one eye on
the web ; two ears on the iTunes).

So... does anybody reckon I should go with this 200 GB eSATA/USB bus
powered external HDD from OWC then ? Just to recap - will usb suffice for
hard disc recording/sample playback while out in "the wild" ? Is there
really any neccesity for eSATA connectivity ? Or should I simply go ahead
and swop out the stock 5400 rpm drive for a 7200 rpm version (it's an MBP
C2D) ?

|         |           "M-.-n"          |
|         |           <nostromo@arkaos.|
|         |           net>             |
|         |           02/11/2007 11:16 |
|         |           microsound       |
  |       To:       microsound <microsound@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                                                        |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  RE: [microsound] why does iTunes suck...                                                                     |

My major complain is that iTunes is a huge bloatware. Of course I'm on PC
so
it might be only there, but having about 40Mb of memory allocated for iTune
just to *play* music is just too much. I'm using foobar2000.. lightweight,
simple, ugly but I'd rather have something efficient and not good looking
rather than seeing my laptop half freeze just to accomodate with ridiculous
visual effects :)

www.cso.ie - the source for all official statistics.