Re: [microsound] the last.fm panopticon

aaahhh! finaly we reach the spot! mmmmmmm

in 1990, the swiss population discovered, in horror, that they were all
listed. "nous étions fichés". It was big scandal. The government would keep
a record of what newspaper you where subscribed to, what manifestation you
went to, what political groups you where attached to. This was huge, and
people were very angry. They stated the swiss state as "un état de fiche". A
file state.

Now what these fun and ludic databases such as facebook and so on have
achieved, is to make us believe it is fun and ludic to file "fiche" yourself
with as much details as possible!.....

greatwork power-man, and once again as they say in the US and A: "great
business opportunity!!!" :)