Re: [microsound] Record shops in madrid

Hi rcf,

As Javier told you already, ROTOR and DISKPOL are probably the most interesting record shops in MadriZ.... there is also a small selection of electroacoustic music and sound art in La Central, the 'official bookshop" of the MNCARS -aka Reina Sofia Museum-). Also, for more academic contemporary and electroacoustic music, free concerts are held on Mondays in the Auditorium of this same museum, organised by the CDMC [http://cdmc.mcu.es/en/season/] . Sadly, it´s difficult to find places devoted to exp music, but hidden in the center of the city you will find RADAR [www.ccapitalia.net/radar/informacion/prensa.htm], a small and intimate bar to have some drinks listening to a variety of 'unconventional music' .

+++ check the website http://www.artesonoro.org ; people in the community are posting regularly info about events and activities there. In particular, http://www.tronicdisease.org/ is promoting a number of interesting experimental music events in the city. No events announced for May so far I think, but check the websites again in a few weeks since something probably must be going on.

have fun!
// [o_O] <<  ::: Pablo Sanz Almoguera :::
Groenewegje 133 room 4
2515LR The Hague (Netherlands)

http://www.20020.org
http://www.mediateletipos.net