Re: [microsound] Sonoluminescence

i read somewhere that they figured out a way to transfer power wirelessly by creating a resonant frequency is the receptor object...kind of along these lines.

...interesting.

From: craquemat <craque@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: microsound <microsound@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [microsound] Sonoluminescence
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 10:09:04 -0700

This is frequently done in a medium of hydrochloric acid.

Manannan Mac Lir wrote:
There was an exhibition recently which featured a piece by Camera Lucida.
The piece was a glass sphere about a foot in diameter filled with a gas
infused liquid (water I was told). The piece was then exposed to
ultrasound which created small flashes of light, within the sphere of
liquid. The idea had never occurred to me that soundwaves could be used
to create light/heat (although I'm not sure if it was a kind of resonance
or not, I asked the artist at the end and she said nobody was completely
sure of what was happening). I was wondering if anybody had used this
phenomenon or idea directly or indirectly in their work before. It
brought up little memories of "cold fusion" in my head and finding an
infinite supply of energy through sound which I find quite interesting
but have no knowledge of.