Re: [microsound] Thansk steinbruchel-one copy

2008/3/30, Eric Mattson <oral@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>  Here we are facing a unique object, which, by its
>  unicity and media it is made of, can't be
>  reproduced, except digitally. And if downloads
>  would be made, this would give no interest any
>  more to it.

You could of course mix the piece so it would not reproduce very well
with MP3 or AAC algorithms.

I like this onecopy idea. I have also toyed with the idea of a small
number of copies but every one unique - from a different
performance/interpretaton/mix. This works only if you are actually
"performning" your piece.

And not keeping any personal backups of the performance improves the idea.

In my view the current focus on distribution and (premature) release
into distribution has devalued the music. To much stuff out there that
has not received enough love to justify a public release.

Onecopy may be called elitism but I dont think it is the right
description. Even so - at least it is not academic elitism.