Re: [microsound] Re:one copy label

>we were also discussing the excerpts on the myspace page. anyway, i must say
>even if i don't agree with the concept of the project i find it very brave
>and sylvain is giving all of this a lot of thought. after all he's just
>trying to push boundaries and just this should be reason enough for all of
>us to applaud...

that's for sure. only the fact its generating this discussion is a good thing, i think.

>I had to think of the keynote Miller Puckette gave at the Linux Audio
>Conference, where he stressed the point that actually it's impossible to
>sell or distribute music, the only thing that can be given away is a
>recording of music (or a performance, but that's another story) and this
>according to Miller is something different from the music itself. He has
>a point here. On one hand it is completely obvious that music is
>different from a recording,

true.
but isn't every listening to that ONE recording different from the previous and the next ones?
you may listen to that recording in many different spaces, on loudpseakers or headphones, in a room or open air, walking, sleeping, alone or with others etc....
every time i listen to a piece of music it is never that "same" piece of music, because i am different from the last time i heard it, my mood maybe different, my way of hearing it...
isn't any recorded piece of music a kind of personal sound "installation" for oneself?

www.microsuoni.com
www.koyuki-sound.org
http://www.bremsstrahlung-recordings.org/transradiation/trans010.php