[microsound] Sonashpere: A kinetically driven interactive music environment.

Some of people on this list may know about this application
since it has been around for a couple of years already.
My question I have for you is that can we physically make this
interactive music environment possible or not?
I guess counter part would be something like Reactable which is
a tabletop Tangible User Interface. But if we can make music or sound
just by throwing, kicking, or etc a ball it would be a pretty fun thing for kids too.
Any ideas?

http://www.sonasphere.com/

http://www.darcy.co.nz/highlights/sonasphere/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SHHPFipk0A