Re: [microsound] Infinite Jest

On Tue, 23 Sep 2008, Kim Cascone wrote:

I have been thinking about a project for some years now
in the book Infinite Jest is a lengthy footnote containing a filmography for the protagonist Hal Incandenza
http://home.i1.net/~bytor/incadenza.html
I also have a pdf I can put up on the server if people need it

I've always thought that making these fictional films into real ones would make for a great project but after DFW's death I thought that it might make for a nice microsound project
to create soundtracks to these films
as a way to honor his life and work

so here is a proposal:
- take one of Hal Incandenza's films
and create a soundtrack to it

if people are seriously interested in this project
then please post to the list
and I'll take a head-count

if we get more than 10 people then we go with the project
if not, it will be another good project for my studio in the future

I'm in.

Steve Burnett Subscape Annex http://www.subscapeannex.com