From: Kim Cascone kim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 15:46:29 -0700
To: microsound@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [microsound] Dolphin Sonar

I picked up a copy of 'Dolphin Sonar' by Merzbow
and it is really brilliant
it is microsound in that he layers hundreds of streams of atomic events
small explosions, shards of glass, oscillators set to stun, large
pieces of sheet metal falling down elevator shafts
malfunctioning sirens, broken alarms and slow motion car crashes
all built up then welded together with a flame-thrower of white noise
cubist, prismatic and Hieronymus Bosch-like
every time I listen to it I hear something new