Re: [microsound] sound art / music

what are the traditional forms of music?
Is there a rule that music is the sound within the harmony or rhytm?
or ex. Merzbow is a musician? Or Fennesz?
is music an art?, why cant define the concert hall as an art gallery?
or what is the difference?
I think that only difference between the sound art and music is the
perception of the audiences and the artist/musician whatever you say.

an other question about the mails; all of you used quotation marks for
defining some words, why?

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 7:59 PM, Damian Stewart <damian@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> g d wrote:
>>
>> Hello All,
>>
>> So, I have a basic -- and perhaps naïve -- question for the group: what is
>> the difference between sound art and music?
>
> 'music' implies a relationship with the audience that is grounded in more
> traditional forms of music.
>
> 'sound art' implies a relationship with the audience that is grounded in the
> world of 'art' (ie museums, galleries, 'interventions', 'installations').

> --
> damian stewart | skype: damiansnz | damian@xxxxxxxxxx
> frey | live art with machines | http://www.frey.co.nz

gurkanmihci