Re: [microsound] texture as narrative

>what exactly takes place in a piece that essentially contains monochromatic
>material playing over a long period of time with small changes (ie: filter
>mod, amplitude, other aspects of the sound mixing in and out etc) holding
>the listeners attention with some sort of narrative?...

You might want to look upon the subject the same way you observe an object.
There are many objects but none of them are the same - still an object is
an object. The contents of the object suggests attraction. You might or
might not know what actually sucks you up. It can be subliminals, of
course, or an unexplored combination of frequencies representing something
you want ...

The question is interesting also because it makes me again aware of the
fact that effects of certain frequencies and combinations of frequencies
are still so unexplored and perhaps this is why it's still so interesting
and amusing to work with. I can never get tired of refrigerators, fans, air
cons and ethernoise ...

!!!!! new address !!!!!!
Carl Michael von Hausswolff
Krukmakargatan 4, 118 51 Stockholm