Re: [microsound] AC and other sounds

>these daylife sounds... - are any of you guys actually using these sounds for
>your own music? i have a variety of dictaphones with me most of the time,
>and i
>use these recordings for the life concerts of my band rope mainly. their bad
>recording quality seems to have the quality of an old memory - a smell - a
>very
>intense and direct leftover/picture of the actual real sound that has been
>there...in a way more intense than the original - probably because of the
>phone
>compressing the signal to the limit of what the tape can take...

i don't normally use sampled site recordings.. but i have tried at points
to create sounds that appear to me to have the same sense/"aural aesthetic"
that i get from the original... yet remain non-referential..

: )

r   i   c   h   a   r   d   c   h   a   r   t   i   e   r

..   painting   .   sound    .   design   .

chartier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.visionload.com/rchartier

OUT SOON
spec. (with taylor deupree) [12k, usa] CD, nov 1999
tool (various artists) [microwave, the netherlands] CD, 1999

OUT NOW
a hesitant fold [meme, japan]  CD, oct 1999
0/r (with *0) [12k, usa] CD, aug 1999
post-fabricated [microwave, the netherlands] CD, june 1999