Re: [microsound] re AC and other sounds

anechoicmedia wrote:

> around 12 years ago I was flying back from London and had an experience
> that was very perplexing...
<snip>
> ...the only explanation I could come up with (and something I had read
> somewhere) is that this phenomenon is created by the brain organizing noise
> for long periods of time and that it is most common with people involved in
> music and audio...has anyone had a similar experience?

Yes... in the shower I often think I hear music, sounds, or voices. It
has been explained to me that the white noise of the shower suggests a
number of thinigs, and the brain picks out what might be familiar and
organizes it along lines it can understand. I recall one occasion in
particular I thought I heard singing, and like Kim's plane expereince,
it seemed to progress and develop like a real piece, but it was 2am, the
neighbourhood was quiet and nothing was on in my house... spooky, and
cool...

the foundry
realaudio samples via:
http://www.foundrysite.com/sounds1.html

out now...
eM <the motor sessions ep> (lmtd. 7"/lmtd. cdr)
the foundry <mote> (cd)

and...
eM remix on <knots> issued on thousand/wmo
http://wiremailorder.com/thousand/knots.htm