Re: [microsound] re AC and other sounds

>People with severe froms of tinnitus and hearing damage often report hearing
>recognisable soundpatterns such as chimes, keychains, and even tonal musical
>structures. This is usually occurs in addition to the constantly present
>noise that these people "hear". Maybe this is caused by the same phenomenon
>that caused you to hear music on the noisy plain...

hmmmm...I don't have severe hearing damage so this is not a reasonable
explanation in my case...I have read that this phenomenon is common among
musicians and people who work with audio...it has more to do with how the
brain is trained to aurally decode the outer world...people who who work
with sound are wired differently than most people (since the majority of
people tend to rely on sight for gathering information from the outer
world) and helps to explain why this phenomenon occurs in audio-centric
people...it would be interesting to know more about this phenomenon...
KIM