Re: [microsound] ignorance is this

this maybe impossible of you but its worth listing.
I had a similar experience in a mall, we had with us this really long cable which we dangled over the edge of the floor into the court. it hung down 2 level and we were able to get a precise recording of the desired sound. I am not to sure how much cable you have to connect to your microphones but it is worth the shot if you access to it,
if you haven't already tried to approach the sound source this way.
well good luck
a.

Winter's coming again and I regret not being able to record the snow plows last year. I lived in a 20th floor appartment last year where the resonance of the snow plows scraping the pavement made an inticing, almost high pitched, hum in our appartment. But for the life of us we could not record it effectivly. Up close it was too loud and just abnoxious and from the appartment we got a whole lot of air. Any suggestions or similar experiences?