Re: [microsound] Pre-apology for the long-winded answer...

find it more a way of getting to know the mind-workings of a composer.
Whether it be a whisper or a scream, it is a voice that stirs from amid a
canvas of sound. For this reason, I devote to sound, the attention that I
would in listening to any lecturer.

this is a strange concept. devoting the same attention you would to a lecture. I often wonder how possible it is to use the mechanisms of the brain that would normally be used for speech perception to perceive sound. The destinction between speech and sound perception is based on two parts of the brain, but in an enhanced environment could the part of the brain that is biological stuffed for sound perception be numbed and exposed or forced to use the speech perception gyris and if so how would we hear sound? hyper-intimately? I often try to listen to voices as if they were white noise.

p.s. does anyone know where to get a freeware voice generating program on the internet?

thanks
a.

"We speak not only to tell others what we think, but to tell ourselves what we think. Speech is part of thought." -Hughlings-Jackson