Re: [microsound] Re: Voice-Generator software

>In a message dated 11/12/99 3:40:41 AM, schneide@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
><<The Talking Web is a web based text-to-speech application, based on a
>freeware
>speech synthesizer (I believe): http://talkingweb.yuri.at/
>May not be exactly what you are looking for.

There's another interesting CGI based text to speech engine up at Bell Labs
that generates audio files (aiff, wav, and au) based on the text you input
and the voice you choose (8 options from 'child' to 'coffee drinker').

http://www.bell-labs.com/project/tts/voices.html

Also available in the following dialects:

http://www.bell-labs.com/project/tts/german.html
http://www.bell-labs.com/project/tts/mandarin.html
http://www.bell-labs.com/project/tts/spanish.html
http://www.bell-labs.com/project/tts/french.html
http://www.bell-labs.com/project/tts/italian.html
http://www.bell-labs.com/project/tts/student.html#romanian
http://www.bell-labs.com/project/tts/student.html#navajo

Some rather amazing artifacts reveal themselves when you use SPV
timestretching on the files this program produces, try giving it a whirl...
-Våt

PS- For musical applications, you just can't beat VocalWriter (Mac),
although I wish there was a way to change the voice quality...

Reckankreuzungsklankewerkzeuge
PO BOX 382864.  Cambridge, MA 02238
http://www.tiac.net/users/sheket/index.html