Re: [microsound] random thought

i wonder if the conscious sense of anticipation would hinder, augment, or
even create the perception of a musical theme?

or, if they were too small to be physically sensed, if the brain could
teach itself to recognize it as such?  like the ability of one sense to
recover or compensate for a lost one?
an alternative to shock therapy?