steve roden's "in between noise"

i received a copy of steve roden's in between noise cd today.. and wow.. it's EXCELLENT. for those of you not familiar with steve's work. he's a visual and sound artist from pasadena, california. his sound works are usually generated from found sounds / found spaces.. (lamps, chairs, or in the case of "in between noise", a radio)..

this cd, like his others, blows me away in how he can create sound so listenable and enjoyable out of these fragments of found sound.. his processes are also in great contrast to my own, or even a lot of the stuff i listen to, in that they're very UN-synthetic at the source, yet retain that "microsound" aesthetic by the use of computer manipulation.

i highly recommend this release.. it's cd "SON-22" on sonoris records out of france. it's almost like an acoustic version of that hecker CD-r on "touch" meets shuttle358.

cool stuff.

taylor,
12.
(k)

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + +
taylor deupree/12k
taylor@xxxxxxx
http://www.12k.com

OUT NOW:
taylor deupree + richard chartier "spec." (12k1007)
taylor deupree "gen.sec" on 'ambient systems limited edition' (instinct)

OUT SOON:
taylor deupree "cycology" (12k1008) (winter.00)
taylor deupree untitled 12" EP (audio.nl / netherlands)
taylor deupree remixing Goem on "extensie" (goem remix CD)
taylor deupree: kim cascone "bubblewarp" remix, on "blue cubism" (digital narcis/japan)
futique "go.low" (shadow records, 2000)