From: taylor deupree <taylor@xxxxxxx>
To: microsound@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: November 18, 1999 8:49:12 PM GMT
Subject: [microsound] steve roden's "in between noise"

i received a copy of steve roden's in between noise cd today.. and
wow.. it's EXCELLENT. for those of you not familiar with steve's
work. he's a visual and sound artist from pasadena, california. his
sound works are usually generated from found sounds / found spaces..
(lamps, chairs, or in the case of "in between noise", a radio)..

this cd, like his others, blows me away in how he can create sound so
listenable and enjoyable out of these fragments of found sound.. his
processes are also in great contrast to my own, or even a lot of the
stuff i listen to, in that they're very UN-synthetic at the source,
yet retain that "microsound" aesthetic by the use of computer
manipulation.

i highly recommend this release.. it's cd "SON-22" on sonoris records
out of france. it's almost like an acoustic version of that hecker
CD-r on "touch" meets shuttle358.

cool stuff.

taylor,
12.