Re: [microsound] MEGO? Was Re: Laptop Ethics

In a message dated 11/25/99 6:54:52 AM, germinator@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< What is being
pathetic is how with talent MEGO isn't does not stop people wanting their
music brilliant and new. It is so much completely the unoriginal that a
good number among us and you choke on our vomit. We cannot believe it that
we are to hear these computer composition like failing grade students by
the 80s. >>

Why? What do you dislike?  So, is it intended as Music? art? something to
invoke a reaction? are they testing boundaries of what is acceptable? A lot
of this varies by artist, but what are the artist's intentions?  or do
you/should you care? It's okay not to care, but I wouldn't dismiss and
criticize someone's work without knowing their intent, it seems to have
caused a reaction from you, perhaps that's one reaction they were looking for?
-pH