Re: [microsound] length of work

>G'day Team,
>I tend to like 10 minute tracks for the program,
>as 1-2 minutes to mix/talk overeither side of a track, which leaves 6 minues
>of the track,   is convenient Radio edit/remix......
>Depending on the quality of the track.

Wow. Different cultures, different mores. I strive
to *never* talk over what I program, and never tell
an audience what's coming. I even try to stay off
the mike as much as possible. Of course, since we're
listener-sponsored, the audience calls me and does
it offline. Quite a lot, actually - some nights, it
seems more like I'm running an 800 number advice line
for locating and purchasing music.

12-15 is a lovely stretch, when the piece
fills it interestingly.

_
knowledge is not enough/science is not enough/love is dreaming/this equation
Gregory Taylor/WORT-FM 89.9/ http://www.msn.fullfeed.com/~gtaylor