Re: [microsound] sonic boom

hi there,

    Sonic Boom was also the frontman for a band called Spectrum after the
demise of Spacemen 3.  He released four albums under that name that are all
quite spectacular.  His first two, "Soul Kiss (Glide Divine)" and "Highs Lows
And Heavenly Blows" are mixtures of drones and pop songs.  Spectrum also
released a collaboration ep with Jessamine.  His last one, "Forever Alien" (I
think that's the name), is more along the lines of his releases with
Experimental Audio Research ...lots of theremins, wobbling, and EMS-related
synths.  The Jessamine split is much like "Forever Alien".

    If you like Spacemen 3 and E.A.R., the Spectrum releases basically
document his changes from guitar-drone to electronic froozles and wobbling.

    He also collaborated with Stereolab on the "Splitting The Atom" 7" that
came out a few years back on Duophonic.

    I believe he runs the label "Space Age" that has been releasing the
E.A.R. albums in the U.K..

    I'm more of a fan of his first two Spectrum releases, then again, that's
the popkid in me talking.

I hope this helped some.

    - Bob