Re: [microsound] philip jeck? -> martin tétreault

> btw, if you like _Surf_, you'll really love Martin Tétreault.
> similar shtick - superior execution.

my friends have all the tétreault cds so i never bothered to pick one up
for myself.  by coincidence, i've seen him live yesterday.  he played
with 2 local djs, mutante (specialized in gabber hardcore) & pocket
(more into post-industrial ambient stuff).  a very strong set
throughout.

tétreault can be much harsher than what jeck does on 'surf' though (e.g.
'dur noyau dur', 'île bizarre', '21 situations'), so you're probably
reffering to his more ambient 'la nuit où j'ai dit non', which from
memory does indeed bear a resemblance to jeck's work, & perhaps that's
why it rung a bell in the first place.

now, while we're on the topic...  tétreault/drumm on erstwhile...  i'm
on the edge of my seat.

~ david