Re: [microsound] hotline server Q's

here's what you do:

- email Eddie Peel <ebp3@xxxxxxxxxxxx> with this in the body of the message:

email address: "yourname@xxxxxxxxxxxx" (<--- please put your email
address here)
login: (<--- leave this blank)
password: (<--- leave this blank)

- you will get a response within a couple of days with a password

- be sure to download a client from http://www.bigredh.com

- using the hotline client connect to the server using:
microsound.dyn.dhs.org
=================
- be sure to type in the login and password (click on the "connect to
server" button with the 2 arrows) emailed to you when connecting to the
microsound server

- you should now be connected to the microsound server where you can chat,
upload and download mp3 files, post messages to the news bulletin board,
and ask our microbot questions (it's an Oblique Strategies-like oracle but
will assume different personalities and talents in the future)

it's simple and should go easily...we don't have a full time staff doing
sys admin duties so if you have any q's please post them to the list for
now and maybe a fellow microsound list memeber will give you a hand

*** also a reminder: I'm setting up a chat with the author Doug Kahn
("Noise Water Meat") for March 17th and would like it if interested parties
would send me email (off list) letting me know if they can make it to the
chat and if you have read Doug's book ( I'd like to get a rough headcount
for the chat)...Doug would like to talk about some issues he brings up in
his book and answer any questions list members may have...

OK...hope to chat with you soon!
KIM