Computer advice

Hi

I'm thiking of getting a new computer that will be
used mainly for DSP, and i thought some of you
might have tips they could share about what should
such a platfrom look like... i mean the typical issues
MAC vs. PC desktop vs. laptop recording/editing
software etc. maybe some of you can tell what
theyre using, if its not too confidential :)

I currently have a turtlebeach pinnacle sound card that
is good for recording and sampling, but if i want to stick
with it (there is also a financial aspect to this decision)
i'd have to buy a PC and give up on the MAC/laptop
option...

anyway any advice on the subject would be great.

thanks
Assaf