Re: [microsound] 1000 Plateaux

lamm wrote:

>  actually you shouldn't be scared not to be interested in the subjects - as
> concerns "anti oedipa" (is it titled as such in English - it is
> 'L'Anti-Oedipe" in french),

It´s "Anti Oedipus".

> All that beacuse I am lucky enough to read him in
> French. I don't really know what the translations are worth of.

I´ve only just begun reading A Thousand Plateaus / Mille Plateaux, but the
translation seems excellent. It´s translated by Brian Massumi, who´s a bit of
an expert on Deleuze (& Guattari, who seems to be left out much of the time
when Anti Oedipus 1 and 2 are mentioned), and it´s very well
commented/annotated (including explanations regarding the difficulties of
translating certain French concepts to English etc.).

btw, Massumi seems to enjoy the deleuzian/guattarian cryptics himself. Try his
Users Guide to Capitalism & Schizophrenia.

> Don't give
> up the reading,

I won´t!   :)

> Also try one of his early books,
> "Logique du Sens", it's brilliant...

I thought this one was even more cryptic than his other writing, perhaps with
the exception of Difference And Repetition (which, btw, I .have. to read for my
thesis?can´t really say I´m looking forward to it?).

/Oeivind/