[no subject]

mmm? don't know, the image is missing from the catalog. its a compilation
entitled "maschinelle strategeme".

how does anyone feel about Ritornell taking
>artistic control of cover/packaging from the artist?

thats not an unusual procedure for a label. cover concepts and executions
are traditionally NOT a function that the record company requires or
encourages the musical artist to perform.

>The 20-2000 series was Carsten's concept from the start, I don't like the
>control Ritornell exhibits.

20' to 2000 was manufactured by raster, not ritornell.

I think it trivializes them in some small way,
>and don't think I'd buy another, I have Kim's and it's great but
>something's
>missing it's like it's not his but half Kim half Ritornell.   It suddenly
>becomes part of a series was it recorded with that in mind?  so then,
>what's
>the them? how do they all fit together? and then, who's series is this?
>-pH

the idea of a homogenous design concept for a label, and especially a music
series is something that most vinyl junkies are familiar with. it gives you
an immediate identification of what one might expect from the musical
content inside (or underneath) the cover. i inferred through correspondence
with kim that he was satisfied with the artwork (i had a sneak peek) and i
though it worked well with the music.
quite a few labels work with the idea of a consistent style of cover art,
which sometimes is simply a result of the fact that a single artist (such as
tina frank for mego) or design firm (designers republic for warp) is
involved in the art direction for most or all projects of a specific label.