Ocean of Sound... | invalidObject Series

Dear All,

Just my opinion but the Ocean of Sound is well worth buying. It's clearly
laid out, nicely designed and will - I can 99% guarantee you - open up a
wealth of avenues of musical exploration that are well worth pursuing.

If you do decide to take the plunge and buy it, DO try and get your hands on
the double CD that accompanies it - you really do need to read/listen to
both simultaneously. Why they didn't decide to sell both as a single entity
is beyond me... any publisher care to step in and fill the breach?

More thoughts later but, while I'm posting...

We're starting into working on the packaging for our invalidObject Series
(http://www.fallt.com/invalidObject) and the comments/postings re. labels
imposing their designs on artists - Ritornell/20' > 2000/etc. intrigued me.

We were planning on designing 24 DIFFERENT covers within one overall
stylistic/stuctural framework and I wondered...

To me it seems logical that there should obviously be some form of overall
consistency (perhaps in typographic/general layout terms) but it seems
important that each design should reflect the different artists' distinct
music/audio. For example; 0*'s music sounds completely different to Pimmon's
which, in turn, sound completely different to Taylor Deupree's or
Massimo's...

It seems that one all-encompassing design would fail to reflect the
diversity of the project but given the responses this particular thread has
caused I was interested to see everyones' thoughts/reactions. So, the
question is:

If you were designing the 24 covers for the invalidObject Series, what would
you do?

Answers either:

1. To the Microsound list;

2. To us personally at: invalidObject@xxxxxxxxx

or,

3. On a postcard to:

Christopher Murphy
Fallt
Blessington House
18 Ballynahinch Street
Hillsborough
Co. Down, N. Ireland
BT26 6AW

All entries will be entered into a draw to receive a complete set of the
invalidObject Series.

Best,

Christopher @ Fällt