Re: [microsound] pop music

genuine gold-tone ranking monkey wrote:

> >Yes, this is a very intriguing album. I get a King Crimson flavor (1st
> >incarnation) at points... can't pin down why that would be. Very nice
>
> strange.  i don't hear that at all (but then my girlfriend's more on the
> king crimson tip than i), but mr. roberts' first band was named after a
> crimson song (thela).

I think it is the way the sounds interact, a kind of noisy but melodic
space, not loud, not exactly harsh... something I liked about Islands to
Red period KC. Some harmonic similarities too, I think. Had sort of
missed the Thela reference though... funny that.

Michael
--
the foundry
listen here... http://www.foundrysite.com/audio