Re: [microsound] pop music

At 05:54 PM 5/23/00 -0400, you wrote:
>what i _would_ like to see is a
>> band like pram, but with microsonic instrumentation.  listening to the
>> new (& excellent, btw) sonic youth cd _nyc ghosts & flowers_ tells me
>> that there is possibility for minimal tonality progression in vocals &
>> melodies (thus, compatible with microsonic concerns) in a fairly, well,
>> pop/songy universe.  so both worlds aren't that far apart, i just get
>> the feeling that they haven't been connected yet.
>
>I have a Seely cd called "Winter Birds" that I remeber as having some glitchy
>elements alongside the poppiness. It was on Koch records, you may be able to
>find some song samples on the website. Don't have the cd nearby, but I think
>it's http://www.koch.com.

seely are one of my favorite "rock" bands. they have a site at
www.seelymusic.com.

however, let it be said that there is little glitch going on in their
music. there are a couple tracks on "winter birds" where things get sort of
stuttery, but it's mostly straightforward sing-songy post-rock in the vein
of stereolab, broadcast, etc.

sc
--Boundary_(ID_xmr3MDWAlbsY0jl/ZHviIQ)