Re: [microsound] pop music

>I have a strong feeling that I have some serious lack of education in
>the domain that is being discussed here...  I hardly know any of the
>poeple that are being discussed here.  (perhaps spent too much time in
>the academia....).

first, welcome. i like the mix of acamedic and post-techno people on this
list and think it can only help expand and enhance everyone's conception
and understand of computer music. so please post!

>  So First I would like to see some pointers to some mp3 or whatever
>so I can get a little taste of what's going on...

this was precisely one of my ideas in thinking about what to do with the
hotline server. so, a few months back i sent an email out to every
subscriber who either runs a label or records for one asking to open up
dialog about offering mp3s of recent and back-catalog releases via the
hotliner server, for precisely the purposes you allude to (ie., allowing
people to hear the music that is discussed; elevating discussion; get
turned on to new artists/realeases; etc.). the purpose of the email was to
work toward fashioning a set of guidelines whereby these goals could be met
without compromising the legitimate financial viability of the artists and
labels.

unfortunately, i heard not a single peep in response. perhaps we could
reinitate the conversation?

sc

--Boundary_(ID_xmr3MDWAlbsY0jl/ZHviIQ)