Re: Empreintes

> I have gone to the emperintes web page, can you tell me what other cds are
> like the Jont cd...more electronic sounding?

I'm not David, but I can still tell you that just about everything on the
Empreintes DIGITALes label is worth getting (at least that's my personal
experience so far). If you want stuff like Jonty Harrison , though, you could
get both the Randall Smith CDs (which are so great you won't believe it), the
Denis Smalley, the Miniatures Concretes compilation, Patrick Ascione, Ned
Bouhalasssa, Yves Daoust (have only heard his latest), Francis Dhomont, Darren
Copeland (which is brilliant), Robert Normandeau, Stephane Roy, Jacques
Tremblay...etc...see what I mean -- you could almost get the entire catalogue.
:)

Also, there are (short) Real Audio files from many of these releases on the
Empreintes web, but the quality, of course, isn't even close to doing these
acousmatics any justice. The sound quality on many of the above releases is
incredible, which I'm sure you agree is also the case with J. Harrison (that
"wineglass-piece" is a definite case-in-point).

/Øivind/