833-45 vs Tomas Jirku and image->sound apps

Captain Digest-Reader strikes with a couple of bursts of pointlessness!

David Turgeon writes:

833-45 vs tomas jirku.
<http://www.notype.com/drones/singles/025>

These are great! I must confess I'm always a bit surprised at David's enthusiasm for Tomas Jirku, who seems pretty comparable to the similarly repetitive Chain Reaction fall-out artists David finds so boring. I say this without judgement too - I'm just curious as to what distinctions people make that I don't spot that might push something from boring to great. Either way, I like all of these tracks for a bunch of different reasons. Always a bit frustrating listening to microsound type stuff as MP3s, though.

"Paul" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Hi

Java applet,  great for creating bleepy/clicky sounds...or something...

Paul

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Peter_Meijer/javoice.htm

This is lots of fun. FYI, it is also very similar to how Metasynth (for MacOS) and Coagula (a self-confessed rip for Win9x) do their thing, and you don't have to do it on-line. Coagula is free, as well.

Michael

-+-
Involve Records http://involve.co.nz
Jet Jaguar MP3s http://mp3.com/jetjag/