Re: [microsound] MAC

Ross wrote:

> All I am a PC owner, and only went that way cause its cheaper all round, I
> cant sell an analogue synth to get a Mac....but proggies like MAX/MSP are
> soon out for PC so things will get closer .

True, but you´ll still be missing stuff like Metasynth, SonicWORX, Soundhack,
DS-1 (maybe not?), Peak+SFX Machine, Timebandit, GRM Tools, Hyperprism, Super
Collider.

> I hear Macs crash just as much as Pcs anyway

I guess this tends to vary from PC to PC and Mac to Mac, but my own personal
experience is that my Mac(s) crash far, far less than the PCs I´ve used
during the last few years. And then there´s the endless amount of files, the
counter-intuitiveness of so many things, the slowdowns, the "exception"
errors (which are actually the rule rather than an exception) etc.

I hate PCs "so very, very much" (Cartman) so I should probably not talk more
about them. Also, Powerbooks are the prettiest computers ever made. Now,
that´s nerdtalk. But still.

/Øivind/